Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Changing Things Up


I'm not usually and pants wearer. I'm on the shorter side and curvy side, so I tend to stick to dresses and skirts. I just feel more comfortable wearing them instead of pants. Don't get me wrong, I do like wearing jeans, even though I barely get the chance to wear them. Pants are a whole other story.


When you barely reach 5'2 they tend to be too long and I don't like to pay people to fix my clothes. Anyway, enough with the complaining. I decided to take a chance, after my boss at work mentioned how I never wear pants. So on a rainy Saturday night I went shopping for a pair. Saturday was is the best time, cause it's near closing time and there's never a line (unless it's the holidays). After trying on more than I want to remember or say, I found these.

They are way too long, but the plus side of getting these is that I get to wear them with my blue wedges, which never get to see the light of day. FYI, I wear flats almost always and my heels tend to just be part of my room decor. I really liked this outfit, my friend stated I had a sailor vibe going. Maybe next time I'll try on a stripped shirt to make it more sailor or go with a more 70s vibe.


I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone. Also to add my usual girlishness to an outfit I decided to paint my toes and nails. I'm loving pink all of a sudden and got these Essie colors recently and wear them on rotation.


 Pants: Anthropologie
Blouse: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Moda (by way of DSW)
Purse: Steve Madden

P.S. This will be my last post for a few weeks. I am leaving for a lovely trip tomorrow evening that I am very excited about. When I get back, I will post some pictures to share with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment