Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Steak Dinner


Got hungry and had a big craving for steak. I just wanted meat and potatoes and some mac and cheese. I don't know if you get crazy cravings like me, but when I do I try and fulfill them as much as possible. If I want a pizza, well screw my diet and I order myself a pizza and eat every single bite and later feel bad. Whatever, I have issues. Anyway, this past weekend I wanted meat and carbs and I made me some and enjoyed every bite.


With all the protein and carbs I've been eating all week, I think I should add some greens for the rest of the week to make up for my bad eating. I'm thinking of adding some salad with my dinner and bringing cut veggies to work for a healthy snack. I'm thinking about it...


Well this was the result of my steak and potato dinner. Yummy roasted potatoes with rosemary and olive oil. Some mac and cheese out of the box. Sorry way to lazy to make it from scratch. And a yummy piece of steak. You should make this when you get hit with the steak monster. Yummy!!!


The recipe is easy. I just cut up some potatoes and chopped some rosemary and tossed it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add whatever herb you love to this dish to make it special, thyme works well too. For the steak I made a marinade with rosemary, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. I covered the whole steak and threw it on a hot pan and seared both sides until they had a nice crispy shell. Then I placed it in the oven for 30 minutes to finish cooking. I like my steak well done, but cut the time short if you're into medium and rare. The mac and cheese was made from a box. So no recipe for that. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment