Monday, June 13, 2011

Time and Travel


You know what I love? I love visiting a friend I haven't seen in over a year and just spending time eating, drinking, and discussing all the things that have happened in our lives since we last saw each other.


On my trip to Europe, I spent a day and a half visiting with my good friend who lives in Zurich. We stayed up late into the evening sitting on her balcony drinking tea and talking about everything. The next day I was sad to say my farewells, but I had a train to Salzburg I had to catch.



I sometimes wish I could bottle op the moments I have spent with old friends, to relive them with things are not as wonderful. The same goes with pictures. When I take a picture, I am always trying to capture the beauty that I am witnessing, but after the click of my camera the picture just doesn't capture what my eyes are seeing.


When I walked into the Dom zu Salzburg the light coming in through the windows was so magnificent that it took my breath away. The picture I took from my camera just didn't capture the beauty I saw. I guess that's the limitations of my camera as well as my photography skills.   

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures and such beautiful sentiments. Spoken like a true poet. You said the camera didn't capture what your eyes saw...I would say it couldn't capture what your heart felt. Glad you had such a lovely trip!!

    ReplyDelete