Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finally Settling Down


So much has been going on with me lately. As you may know, I am currently on a fellowship program in West Africa for 7 months. Things have been crazy as I've been trying to adjust living somewhere new as well as handling the piles of work they are giving me at the organization. I moved three times and finally unpacked and settled into a lovely little studio apartment walking distance away from work. I got an air-conditioner installed, so that I don't get eaten up by mosquitoes at night, or slowly melt away from the high heat and humidity. Also, I've figured out where to get my groceries and how to navigate the crazy taxi system over here. The only thing I'm still dealing with is waiting for a package that was sent to me two weeks ago, from my amazing parents. I am hoping I eventually get my box of goodies this or next week. I haven't gotten a chance yet to take any pictures, but now that I've settled down, I plan on using my weekends to explore and photograph my time in Cote d'Ivoire.




These pictures were taken on my final days back in NYC. I sure do miss my roommates, friends, and family. Good thing there's skype!

Outfit Details:
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Free People
Headband: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment