Thursday, August 4, 2011

Heat Waves and Exploring



I took these pictures last weekend, during the unfortunate heatwave that hit the northeast. Instead of making breakfast, which is my weekend treat, I could only find the energy to whip up an icy smoothie. I made myself a peanut butter and banana smoothie with some skim milk, honey, and protein powder. Then I spent the super hot weekend hanging out in Brooklyn and Queens.



Spent Saturday going allover Brooklyn with my awesome cousin and stuffing our faces with yummy BBQ and then spent Sunday admiring some graffiti art in Long Island City, near PS1.  I made a choice last weekend to not let the heat keep me indoors. Exploring the different neighborhoods in this city are my favorite weekend activities. 
 

9 comments:

  1. SRod! Your smoothie shots look like 17th century Dutch paintings! Great photography! It must have been unbearably hot in the city...enjoy the cool-down this week. Love ya...kb p.s. I have those same glasses from Anthro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice picture!!!

    www.elblogdechuchus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heatwave? As a brazilian, I know what that means! Even in winter (like now), we have sunny days! I wish I could be there, because I love admiring graffiti art!!!


    Kisses,
    Cris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! the smoothing looks so tempting and healthy!! Beautiful pictures!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when ivy covers buildings like that- it's so pretty. :)

    --Amanda
    http://anthropomorphity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Smoothie looks soooo good.
    Love the city pictures, very interesting.
    I have not been in NY for a while, need to go.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cool shots!

    http://blushandzero.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from Singapore where it's summer all year round and yet most locals enjoy drinking hot drinks and taking hot soupy food. :p But your banana smoothie suddenly had me checking my fridge and looking for smoothie-worthy ingredients! You can even put that on your face (sans the peanut butter, of course). :)

    --------------
    Mixed Lovies Giveaway(Worldwide)!
    www.ecobeautysecrets.com

    ReplyDelete