Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blueberry Muffins for Dessert and Breakfast


Last weekend it was rainy and cold out. Instead of going out on Saturday night, I stayed in and watched some TV and made some blueberry muffins for dessert. I'm not a big fan of going out when the weather sucks, plus I got to catch up on all my shows I had saved on the dvr. So, in honor of the rain I made these yummy little goodies to keep me company while I caught with my shows. 

 

 

The recipe I used was straight from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. That was the best investment I've ever made. Everything single thing I've made from that book has come out perfect. The desserts aren't too sweet and are so moist and fluffy. I can't say anything bad about this book. The steps are super easy to follow. 



 

I hope you all enjoy making these yummy muffins, especially on a rainy day. Also it's great to share these babies with friends/roommates, like I did. I always have my roommates taste test my baking endeavors. I hope they don't mind too much. 


Blueberry Muffin Recipe:

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pint of blueberries

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Put the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl and beat on slow speed.

Put the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla into a separate bowl and mix to combine. Slowly pour the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.

Pour in the melted butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat until the dough is even and smooth.

Finally, gently fold in the blueberries into the mixture until evenly dispersed. Spoon the batter into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment