Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pancake and Vermont Maple Syrup


I love long weekends and free Sunday mornings, because I use that extra time to make homemade pancakes. I love topping my pancakes with fruit and Vermont maple syrup. I'm a big fan of pancakes, I can eat them every single morning. After spending many years making pancakes from a mix I decided to try and make mine from scratch. The funny thing is that it takes the same amount of time to make both types of pancakes. So I now only make homemade, cause I can play around it the ingredients and try new things. I  hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!!!




 

Pancake Recipe:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp of lemon zest

1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to wet, and whisk until just combined. Let it rest for 10 minutes.

2. Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease pan with butter. Pour batter by the quarter-cupful on to pan, being careful not to overcrowd if cooking more than one at a time. Leave each pancake alone until edges start to turn golden and little bubbles form on top and flip.

3. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to the pan as necessary. Serve pancakes right away, or keep in a warm oven (250 F) until you're ready to eat. Top with warm maple syrup.

2 comments:

  1. i love pancakes!! i can have it anytime of the day!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm love it! ;)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com/

    kisses!!

    ReplyDelete